Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Chicken Talk

     Sometimes, God gives me a photo, totally unexpectedly, that speaks to me. I thought I'd share it. Perhaps it will speak to you.



With hustle and bustle this wise banty hen
Keeps her brood in tow
Teaching them lessons they need to know
To thrive in a chicken world
Under and around her feet all day
They watch her every move
Listening for her gentle clucks
As she shows them all the doings
a proper chicken does.
When the sun begins to fade
and evening takes its place
Mrs. Hen gathers her flock
And coaxes them to roost
in safety under her wings
Far above the enemies that creep
steal and destroy in the night

As dawn begins to waken the earth
A raucous "cut, cut, cut, ca-dacket"
bounces me from my bed
Whatever is this racket?!
Two little peeps have gone astray
Are roosting near the ground
Wonder what they heard their Mama say?
"You kids come up here right now!
You'll get yourselves killed down there
That's why I want you here with me
Now come here!"
With squeaky peeps her wayward chicks
fly toward the sound of her voice
With her brood intact in the full morning light
Mama leads the way to the henhouse suite
A place of safety from enemies that fly
steal and destroy in the day.

      "Behold, I have loved you with an everlasting love......He will cover you with His feathers...Under His wings I am safely abiding........He has seated us with Him in heavenly places, far above all principalities, powers, might and dominion......Jesus said, "I do nothing on my own. I only do what I see My Father doing for whatever He does the Son does likewise.....It is written in the prophets, they shall all be taught of God.....He that believes on Me, the works that I do shall he do also and greater works....."  from Jeremiah 31:3, Psalm 91, Ephesians 1 and 2, John 5:19, 30, John 6;45, John 8:28
John 14:12    What better way to learn than to sit at His feet as Mary did to know Him and to know the Father.




1 comment:

Betty said...

I love this, Sharon! Beautiful picture of ou nurturing, mothering God.