Thursday, April 7, 2011

Seedy life

Modern haiku ignores the seventeen sylables and expresses itself in as few words as possible. Hence this:
      
      From a dying acorn,
                   a forest.

In thinking about that acorn this more traditional seventeen sylable form:

Today an acorn
fell, carrying life sent from
the beginning oak.

A few more thoughts:


A dying seed or a sprout?
Which do I see?

He said:
"Except a seed dies it remains alone.
In losing your life is eternity."
But why do I tremble at losing my life
What misery awaits me, what pain of death?
I only see a dying seed.

In dying the seed gives birth to it's purpose
of being a tree and producing fruit.
Why shudder to die to self
and allow the dynamic,
fruitful, eternal life of God
to be expressed through me
and become the tree I was meant to be.


In case you're wondering what is in the photo~~it's a sprouting apple seed.

No comments: